Yields 2 patties and enough sauce for 4 Burgers.
- 360 g ground beef
- ¼ onion (medium)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2–4 slices of cheddar
- Carefully mix the ingredients in a bowl, while trying to squeeze the meat as little as possible.
- Divide into two halves and put them on a sheet of baking paper. Put another sheet of baking paper on top, and form two patties by pressing down on them with a small plate. This technique works much better than forming the patties by hand.
- Now roast them at medium high heat for 3 1/2 minutes per side. Only turn them once. After the first turn put 1–2 cheddar slices on top and cover the pan for the remaining time.
- 3 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon tapernade (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- a squeeze of lime juice
- salt (optional)
Use a spoon to mix everything together.
Assembling the Burger
- tomato (huge)
- onion (huge)
The correct stacking order for the ingredients is first the salad then tomato, patty, cheese, onion, toppings and sauce.
If you're up to it, a good recipe for baking your own buns can be found here.