- 900 g ground beef
- 4 cans crushed tomatoes (400 g per can)
- 355 ml white wine
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 cloves garlic (whole)
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop the onion, carrots and celery in small pieces. Sauté the vegetables in a large sauce pan, over medium heat with two tablespoons of olive oil, for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the ground beef. Stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until all the meat is brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, white wine, rosemary sprig and whole cloves. Salt to taste. Cover the pan, and simmer the sauce for about 50-60 minutes over medium heat. Check and stir once in a while.
- If the sauce is too watery, uncover the pan and cook uncovered for the last 5-10 minutes. Remove (if you can or if you like) the rosemary and whole cloves.
Best served with spaghetti and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
The original recipe can be found here.